Challenger, Gray & Christmas News
Original Article: http://ow.ly/UzcQj
"If he compartmentalizes well and makes sure his role is to fundamentally do the big things, to see the big picture or work on the big picture, then I think he will do fine," John Challenger, chief executive officer of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, an executive outplacement firm, told IBD. "Seeing that Jobs and Musk have done it may have given permission and encouragement, in some ways, for others to match."
"The taboo would be, talking about salaries at all. It's a historically risky topic because discrepancies almost always exist, says John Challenger, CEO of outplacement firm Challenger Gray & Christmas. 'Most companies, everything is not exactly fair,' he says."
A survey conducted by Challenger found 55% of HR execs want some sort of salary transparency for their employees:... more
"According to a report by outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray & Christmas, September saw a 43 percent increase from the previous month in terms of job cuts. And cuts were 93 percent higher than the 30,477 planned layoffs announced the same month a year ago.
'You don't want to overexaggerate, but there's no question that layoffs are heavier this year,' said CEO John... more
"But you don’t need to confine your search to gigantic corporate employers, says John Challenger, chief executive of Chicago-based outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. If you’re a foody, consider that caterers and restaurants take on new staff over the holidays. If you’re a wine enthusiast, check to see whether your local bottle shop needs an extra clerk to handle holiday traffic. Or if... more
"'Amazon stands out among retailers, with holiday hiring expected to remain largely unchanged, according to a report from Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
'It used to be that the bulk of holiday hires would be in customer-facing positions on the sales floor and behind the cash register, CEO John Challenger said. 'These extra workers would also help pick up the slack in the backroom... more
"'Every company today is at the mercy of getting the technology right,' says John Challenger, CEO of human resources firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas in New York."
Take our survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CGCSeptHR
In the News...
- C-suite turnover trends lower nationwide; Austin energy exec departs
- Here's what your bonus might look like this year - The Boston Globe
- 80% of Companies Planning Holiday Parties, Scaling Them Down - Business Today
- Many companies giving bonuses this year, favoring cash over gifts
- 4 Reasons to Kill the Office Holiday Party—and One Reason to Save It
- Companies planning holiday parties — scaled-down versions, that is
- Lehman Brothers dead, but trader keeps fight alive for $83 million bonus
- Boom to bust: Biotech is now cutting jobs
- Amazon Is Hiring a Crazy Number of Seasonal Workers