Despite a record number of hiring announcements for the holiday season last year, Retailers added the lowest number of jobs since 2009, 625,600 in the final quarter of 2018, according to an analysis of non-seasonally adjusted data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) by global outplacement and executive and business coaching firm Challenger, Gray...
In the News...
- C-suite turnover trends lower nationwide; Austin energy exec departs
- Here's what your bonus might look like this year - The Boston Globe
- 80% of Companies Planning Holiday Parties, Scaling Them Down - Business Today
- Many companies giving bonuses this year, favoring cash over gifts
- 4 Reasons to Kill the Office Holiday Party—and One Reason to Save It
- Companies planning holiday parties — scaled-down versions, that is
- Lehman Brothers dead, but trader keeps fight alive for $83 million bonus
- Boom to bust: Biotech is now cutting jobs
- Amazon Is Hiring a Crazy Number of Seasonal Workers
Increased churn continues at the chief executive position, as employers at U.S.-based companies announced 159 chief executive officer changes, the highest monthly total on record, according to a report released Wednesday by global outplacement and business and executive coaching firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
Last month’s total was 28% higher...
James E. Challenger, founder of the outplacement industry and champion of discharged workers, died on August 30th at his home outside Chicago. He was 93.
He was raised in Park Ridge, IL and graduated from Harvard in 1947 and Northwestern Law in 1951. In 1961, he was dismissed from his law firm position for taking time off. Though he found a new...