As the year comes to a close, many of the nation’s workers may be looking for ways to advance in their current positions or find new employment. For the 33rd consecutive year, global outplacement consultancy and executive coaching firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc. will suspend normal business operations for two days so its staff of professional job-search coaches can provide free career advice to callers from across the country.
The firm’s 33rd annual national job-search call-in will be held on December 26 and 27, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT. The telephone number is 312-422-5010.
Our expert coaches will be available to answer questions regarding:
- Military to civilian job searches
- The job search for new college grads
- The job search for those over age 55
- Explaining a career gap
- Career advancement
- Transferring skills
- Switching industries
- Turning a temporary position into a permanent one
- Finding a job after incarceration
As an outplacement firm, Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc. provides job-search training and transition counseling to individuals who have been laid off. The firm’s services are typically available only to those who receive outplacement benefits from their former employer. The two-day hotline is the only time the general public can take advantage of Challenger’s job-search expertise.
“The hotline is a fantastic way to jump-start your career, especially if you feel stuck. Sometimes all you need is a little push in the right direction,” said Andrew Challenger, Vice President of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
“With unemployment at 3.7 percent, many employers are desperate for qualified talent. Even if you are currently employed, now may be a good time to think about new, potentially better opportunities,” said Challenger.
“The hotline does not place callers with new employers, nor can our experts review resumes or point callers to specific opportunities. However, our coaches can give callers time-tested strategies. The hotline affords anyone the opportunity to get some guidance from our experts in the job search,” he added.
- WHAT: Challenger Career Help Hotline
- WHO: Global outplacement and executive coaching firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
- WHEN: December 26-27, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CT
- HOW: By phone at 312-422-5010
- WHY: To give job seekers and the currently employed the opportunity to get expert career advice to help advance their careers or land new positions.